The prevalence of depression in the modern world has increased significantly in recent decades. At the same time, experts have been gaining a deeper understanding of the factors involved. One aspect that has been demonstrated to play a crucial role in many cases of depression is lifestyle: diet, sleep, physical activity, light exposure, and social setting have all been shown by research to be critical in the treatment of depression. The LifeREstyle Program takes special care in addressing all these factors and many more, working on both a physiological and psychological level to empower guests’ healing and their enthusiastic embrace of the next chapter of their life. Furthermore, the efficacy of the elements making up the LifeREstyle program has been verified by scientific research and in the real-world settings in which the program has been implemented. That’s why we believe we offer a highly effective solution to depression that is second to none.
Depression comes in many forms and clinical diagnoses, from Major Depressive Disorder—affecting more than 3 million people in the US each year—to Dysthymia (also known as Persistent Depressive Disorder), Perinatal Depression, Psychotic Depression, and Seasonal Affective Disorder. Of course, many people may never report their symptoms or realize that there are ways to respond to the condition, and some studies show that, at any given point in time, over 7% of the adult population in the US are suffering from depression with symptoms that would warrant a clinical diagnosis. In some demographic groups, such as women aged 40–59, the figure is as high as 12.3%.
Depression Symptoms & Warning Signs
The standard diagnostic criteria and symptoms for depression appearing in the DSM-5 and publications by the National Institutes of Mental Health include:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
- Feelings of worthlessness, guilt, or helplessness
- Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in activities or hobbies
- Decreased energy or fatigue
- Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Moving or talking more slowly
- Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
- Appetite and/or weight changes
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment
Working with LifeREstyle
LifeREstyle Redondo Beach specializes in helping people experiencing depression find true healing and empowerment.
When choosing LifeREstyle as your path to wellness, know that you are choosing the most comprehensive program available for depression.
Visit the LifeREstyle Program page for further information about our program.